Immunefi is a bug bounty platform and security service platform for the Web3 ecosystem. published According to a Jan. 6 report, the crypto industry has lost 3.9 billion dollars since 2022.
The following is an extract from the reportHacks were found responsible for 95.6% of all losses. Fraud, scams, rug pulls, and fraud accounted for the remaining 4.4%. Immunefi found that Decentralized Finance (DeFi), which suffered 80.5% of the losses, was more targeted than centralized finance (CeFi), which suffered a loss in 19.5%. The following is the report:
“DeFi has suffered $3,180,023,103 in total losses in 2022, across 155 incidents. This number represents a 56.2% increase compared to 2021, when DeFi lost $2,036,015,896, in 107 incidents.”
BNB Chain and Ethereum were both the most targeted chains. BNB Chain surpassed Ethereum to become the most target in 2022. DeFi, at 57.6%, was the most targeted target, while CeFi, at 42.4%, was the second-most.
Mitchell Amador (CEO of Immunefi) shared:
“By proactively identifying and addressing vulnerabilities, we can protect the community from harm and build trust in the field. As we make the industry safer, everything else can flourish.”
Similar: Crypto investors will feel more pain in 2023, according to macroeconomic data
Cointelegraph reported Jan 5th in Finance Redefined newsletter, that December DeFi exploits were lowest in 2022. According to CertiK (on-chain monitoring and bug bounty organization), CertiK. This suggests that cryptocurrency hackers may be slowing down in preparation for the holidays of 2022.
Dec. 2022 saw $62 million in funds stolen from Decentralized Finance (DeFi) protocols. Although the figure was lower than previous months, cybersecurity experts warn that there will be no decrease in exploits and flash loans or exit scams in the ecosystem in 2023.