Nextech AR Solutions Corporation announced Tuesday a new update to ARWay, its spatial mapping platform.
Nextetch acquired ARWay last January. The firm has been working hard to make ARWay a standalone entity since then. ARWay is set to become a publicly traded entity in 2022. Nextech will retain majority shares.
Nextech is upgrading its ARWay system as it becomes a publicly traded company. ARWay version 11.1 features include:
- Improved wayfinding visualisations increase cross-platform compatibility
- Interactive 3D animated models that increase user engagement
- Optimised location intelligence (or optimised location intelligence), which tracks and monitors real-world location data. ARWay’s location metrics enable a firm to understand the performance of geotagged immersive content
- Platform developers can hide and obstruct virtual objects from Android and iOS devices
- New map admin tools: Version control, content editing tools, auto-save, and auto-save
- Improved scaling of spatial maps with sizes up to 1,500 m2
ARWay has tools that allow real estate agents, retail and marketing companies to take advantage web3 opportunities. Early adopters of the service, which includes universities and hospitals, are already using it to enhance their outreach.
Developers can explore Nextech’s AR content creation suite via the ARway Mobile App and ARwayKit Software Development Kit.
Spatial Mapping, The Next Big Thing
Nextech AR CEO Evan Gappelberg said in a statement he believed spatial mapping technology was the extended reality (XR) industry’s next big breakthrough as it “merges many disruptive technologies including 3D models, AR, VR, AI, and Web 3.0.”
According to the CEO, spatial computing expands the concept of “traditional computing” thanks to the technical capabilities of placing a 3D object next to real-world objects or locations, creating integrated, interactive experiences.
Evan continued explaining, saying,
“Nextech AR has been hard at work developing an integrated solution combining all our technology into one unified platform which allows us to leverage our technology, stay ahead of the curve and keep pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with spatial computing”
Additionally, the end-to-end creator solution offers ARWay and ARitize 3D CMS toolkit, which enable XR content creators to insert “thousands” of 3D models into an immersive environment.