OpenSea has announced the launch of the Solana launchpad, which allows creators to host new mints from the beginning to the end on the NFT market.
- OpenSea, according to the official blog, will help creators navigate all pre-mint activities and allowlist minting to their community and supporters. It will also handle all secondary and post-mint sales.
- The goal is to develop “the best Solana experience” in the NFT ecosystem by allowing users to have custody of their NFTs.
“We’re excited to start this program with two Solana creators as part of our launchpad experience. We are excited to launch and learn with these first drops, and we’re committed to expanding primary drops on OpenSea.”
- This development occurs three months after OpenSea activated Solana support.
- NFT has been a major beneficiary of the bull run in 2020-2021.
- It has been able to attract hundreds of millions of investor dollars, including a recent $13.3 billion valuation.
- The growth has not been without its share of drama. Earlier last month, one of the company’s former product managers was charged by the US Justice Department and arrested for insider trading.
- Numerous top industry professionals have reduced their workforce to prepare for the crypto snow after the market plunge.
- OpenSea was not an exception. Last week, the marketplace announced that it would be laying off 20%.